Thursday, September 4, 2008

Playing the "How Many?" Game

My friend Betsy just inspired me with her latest blog gimmick...it's a "How Many?" question she creates and answers every day to keep herself blogging regularly. Nice trick! Since I just checked her blog today for the first time this month, I'm a little behind, but I'll catch myself up. (Feel free to play along...)

The first four questions:

1. How many kids do you have?
If you've been reading my posts, it's not hard to see...
The answer to this simple question is three.
Colin is 15, Lindsay is 10, and Rebekah is 7 (but she'll say she's almost 8).

2. How many cars have you had?
Ooh, good question. Let me see if I can remember that far back...

No, wait. Too many memories bubble to the surface. Let's save this one for another day and its very own post. David has to get in on the act, too. He's been the primary driver of our most bizarre and unconventional vehicles.

3. How many minutes is your snooze alarm? And how many times do you hit it?
(Sigh) First let me say that I hate alarm clocks. Probably because I hate getting up in the morning and the two seem to work hand in hand. I think my clock has a 7-minute snooze window. And my clock has two alarms. The OCD person in me (who is always afraid the alarm won't go off) had to have two, one as a backup. So I set them for a few minutes apart. And then one goes off, I hit the snooze, then the other goes off a few minutes later, then I hit the snooze, then the first snooze session is over and the first alarm goes off again....rinse and repeat. I think I hit the snooze at least three times each morning. And since my clock is set to be at least 10 minutes fast, I really have no idea what time I really get up in the morning. Let's just say it's early, since Colin has to be out the door for Seminary (early-morning scripture study for teenagers in our church) at 6:45 AM, and we read scriptures and have family prayer before he goes.

Did I mention I hate getting up in the morning? But when I think of all I get done by 8:30 each day, I amaze myself.

And the last question to catch myself up to date with Miss Betsy:

4. How many jobs have you had?
I think I'll save this one too. It requires quite a bit of thought, as I've been working for the last 27 years of my life!

Wanna play the game? Reply to this post and answer the questions, or let me know you're doing it on your blog! If you want to check on Betsy's answers (or get the questions first-hand) since this is her game, click on her blog link in my margin above.

How many days do you think I can post my answers on time? :)

1 comment:

banananutmeg said...

oooh I LOVE daily posts! Can't wait to hear all your responses.

My gumbo was FABULOUS by the way. Thanks for the inspiration!