Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Meeting Marianne

(drum roll please...)

Here at last is a picture of me with my birthmother, Marianne. For those of you new to my blog, we had never met before I took this trip to California. Spoken on the phone many times, but never physically connected. So here we are at last.
We didn't have pictures taken at the airport...we both had our cameras, but we were too busy hugging and crying to do it, and there was no one else there to take it without bugging someone we didn't know. Probably best, since our makeup was a mess and we could be a little more composed if we waited. This picture was taken on Tuesday by her friend Felicia, who's been one of her best friends since the beginning of my life.

I'll post tomorrow after I get home with all the fun details about this most excellent adventure, but I had to at least get a picture posted. It's been a very full few days, emotionally, physically, and spiritually, but I wouldn't change a thing. 

But before I go...

Those of you who know me well know this is a picture I've wanted to take for almost nine years now...ever since we left the shores of New Jersey. It seems almost rude to share it with those of you in ice-bound Arkansas, but I gotta do it.


Just me, walking barefoot into the Pacific Ocean. May I just say that this also caused me to shed a few tears this week.

(And for those of you who think I'm a Bad Momma, I would like to go on record as saying that I HAD NO IDEA WE WOULD HAVE 3 1/2 SNOW DAYS WHILE I WAS GONE! David's been quite the trooper filling in for me, and I'm glad he's been able to take a mini-vacation while I'm on a real one. Thanks, Hon! I love you! Need a break from the kids? Here's a little something I wrote just for you...)

9 comments:

Steven Adami said...

Very cool.

Kasey said...

You look SO happY! I'm glad you finally got to meet Marianne. And congrats on finally reaching the other ocean!

Jen Korando said...

I am weeping reading these last few entries. What an amazing story and journey. Thanks for sharing with us!

Marianne said...

My dear Kristen: As your mother first wrote to me - Joy! Joy! Joy! This has been an incredible week for me. I loved it, loved it. A dream come true. What an experience! Mary Lee and Dennis has done a wonderful job in raising you to become the beautiful, strong, confident woman, loving wife and mother you are. I'll never be able to thank them enough. And to your husband, David - thank you so much for helping to make this happen! Your kids were real troupers, too.

Although it may be a tough act to follow your trips to Malibu and Santa Monica, how about a family trip to Disneyland?? :-)

You will forever be in my heart.

Vicki said...

Kristen, you don't know me but your mom, Mary, has told me all about your quest and the results. I'm so happy for you, for Marianne, for your family...what a wonderful adventure. Congratulations to all of you...love from New Jersey...
Vicki

Jerushia said...

I'm so happy for you. I have a picture like that at the pacific ocean...one of my favorites :)
Jerushia

Casey said...

Kristen, I was thrilled to talk with you while you were at Marianne's house! The tears continue to flow as I read your update about meeting my sister for the first time! I am in AWE! I can only imagine what you both are going through. Love, Casey Rios Send Photo!!! P.S. I call my granddaughter Kylie "Bo".

Bean Hayden said...

Oh Kristen this is so exciting! I am so happy for you!

And thank you, Marianne, for making the choice you did so we can have Kristen as a friend and inspiration.

wasim said...

congratulations friend....!
Work From Home India