Sunday, January 25, 2009

Leaving on a jet plane...Palm Springs, here I come!

Many of you already know my news, but I had to get my nervous energy out and blog about it!

In just a few hours, I'll be on a plane to Palm Springs, California.

Just me. And about 1000 pictures.

I'm off to meet my birthmother, Marianne, for the first time.

Yes, you heard correctly.

We've spoken many times, and exchanged emails and pictures and gifts for the past four months, but we've never met in person. A few days ago, David cleared his travel schedule and made it possible for me to go.

It is time.

Monday morning at 11 AM Pacific Time, I'll get to give Marianne the biggest hug I possibly can. And hugs for my family. And hugs for my parents. They're excited for me, too.

What do you take? How do you sum up almost 41 years of life? I have no idea.
Here's my start:



Watch for pictures and info to come in the next day or two!

4 comments:

Sarah said...

I am so excited for you Kristen...the opportunity of a lifetime. Hope you guys have a great time catching up! Hope you bring back some pics too!

Kasey said...

I'm so glad you were able to leave this morning - this ice storm is about to shut everything down for the next two days!

Mono's Moments said...

Wow, how neat! I hope that you have an enjoyable time with Marianne and she with you. But, what's not to love about you? Have fun in the sun!

Jen,Judd, and Brenton said...

Hope you have a great trip!! Hope it goes well. I want to see pictures when we come in march!