Thursday, May 15, 2008

Portable and Loving It!

(Okay, so I wrote this a little while ago, but my unabashed joy is still the same, so I thought I'd post it anyway!)

Two days ago, I fulfilled a dream of mine...I bought a shiny new laptop! And today I finally got the wireless up and running. Oh my, I'm in love... I had a more than vague idea that the techie world had some great new things to offer me, but I had no concept of how slick this would be.

I knew the desktop I was using at home should have been deemed obsolete a long time ago...I've frankensteined it almost to death, adding RAM here and new hardware there and software programs all over that it had no intention of running properly. Tonight, in a matter of minutes, I'd downloaded some genealogy software, then 600 photos from my flash drives, checked my email, surfed a little, and played a few games of FreeCell. And at home, on my faithful old desktop, I'd probably still be waiting for MicroSquish Windows to load all the garbage it needs to even start a simple program.

As I write this, I'm sitting on a bed in a hotel room in Kansas City where we're visiting my family. Wired to the world wide web. And I can surf the net all night if I want to. Ah, the possibilities! I spend enough of my life running around...think of all I can do on the go. It's a multi-tasker's dream.

(And for what it's worth, here's proof that I'm still enamored with my new toy...I'm posting this blurb from my seat in our piano teacher's dining room, where I'm waiting while my girls take their weekly lessons. Logged in to the internet, accomplishing much. Yippee!)

Oooh baby...I'm in heaven. Thanks, David. I owe you big time!

1 comment:

Kasey said...

Welcome to the portable world. Now that you're here, you'll never be able to back to a desktop! Enjoy!