Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Christmas Q & A

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper unless I'm in an absolute bind!

2. Coordinated tree or hodgepodge? Hodgepodge. I love that our tree has ornaments we've collected from various people and places over the last 20 years.

3. When do you put the tree up? As soon as we can after Thanksgiving

4. When do you take the tree down? As soon as we can after New Year's Day

5. Do you like eggnog? Absolutely. Crave it.

6. Favorite gift received as a child? (embarrassed to admit...) My ebony, upright, baby grand Yamaha piano. I was 15.

7.Do you have a nativity scene? Yep. About 1o of them ranging from a tiny one-piece to a massive multiple piece set.

8. Hardest person to buy for? David's mom and dad

9. Easiest person to buy for? My girls

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? ???? thinking on this one. Probably some clothing item that I would never wear.

11. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail them. Most years. I've had a couple of off-years lately!

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? A Christmas Story. Gotta love that 24-hour run of it on TBS each year!

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Some time in the summer...when I find a deal I stash it away.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? No

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Appetizers, breakfast casserole Christmas morning, carmel corn, basically anything tasty!

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree? Colored. The more the merrier.

17. Favorite Christmas song? Joy to the World, by Kurt Bestor

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Stay home that morning, but will travel to family and friends later in the day (though I'll take a fun vacation any time!)

19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Dasher, Dancer, Prancer, Vixen, Comet, Cupid, Donner, Blitzen, Rudolph. And Olive.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? Star now, though we used to have an angel I made. The poor thing fell apart.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning. Sometimes I cave in for one gift for the kids on Christmas Eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year? The materialistic event it's become, and the fact that most people don't actually celebrate Christ's life. And stringing the lights on my tree. (Please, Santa, bring me a pre-lit one!)

23. What I love most about Christmas? Time with family, watching the tree glow in a dark room late at night, my husband being home for days on end, movie marathons, friends

24. Favorite Christmas tradition? Singing in the Ozark Mormon Chorale, the square lighting, caroling, the parade, our annual Black Family Christmas Eve narration and sing-a-long

Wanna play along?
Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

banananutmeg said...

this is the first year I get to have a "pretty tree". It makes me smile. We are going to do a tiny tree with for the kids and our few (and pathetic) collected ornaments. You would think we would have acquired more after 8 Christmases together...but every year our tree looks bare. Not this year!

And I get to have white lights for the first time this year. Yay for that too!

Mamarazzi said...

oooooooh i see how you found me...through Meg. (waving to baby sis Meg)

this was a cute "meme" i might steal it in a moment of Blogstipation!

YES take the quotes from my sidebar. i love them and they inspire me too!!

also i am having a fun giveaway right now...hop over and play!

Kristen said...

Welcome to my blog! Feel free to take any topics you want. I did pop over for your giveaway--pick me! pick me!

And I wondered if you are related to Meg. We're now in different wards, but I live in Bentonville. And I've met your mom a few times, including spending a wonderful weekend scrapbooking with her and Meg at our Scrap Pink event.

Nice to meet you!

Kasey said...

Ooh, you just reminded me that I have egg nog in the fridge!

This year I did TWO trees - one pretty and one a collection of family ornaments.

One of my favorite things about Christmas is the same as yours - enjoying the lights of the tree in a dark room. :)

Jen,Judd, and Brenton said...

thanks for the comment on my blog about that adoption story....the family actually has a blog and it chronicles this women's pregnancy to what has just happened...http://talonsadoption.blogspot.com

I wish I could do something for them.