Thursday, January 17, 2008

Two Quick Happy Thoughts

Two things that made me happy this afternoon...had to share!

First is my long-time book club. The third Thursday of every month at noon finds us lounging at someone's home, reveling in shared sisterhood and a love of literature. Good friends, good books, good discussions, and good food (which is reason enough to come!) I'm in two book clubs and love them both, but this one has been going on for several years, and I have to give a shout out to the gang. We may not always agree on our feelings for the book, but we are always agreeable and we leave well fed, physically and mentally.

Second, it's been too long since I had a manicure, and my hands are still in heaven. I'm headed to a black-tie, red-carpet, fancy-schmanzy event in Dallas this weekend and wanted to spiff up my image, so I treated myself to a mani. Nothing like having someone massage my carpal-tunnel-weary hands to reinvigorate my spirit. Plus, anything that makes my short little nails look pretty is worthy of mention. (Now if only my floor-length black velvet dress and strappy little high heels will do the same for the rest of me!) No time for a pedicure today...and maybe one day I'll get the full-body massage I dream about. I have to have something to look forward to, hey?

2 comments:

Jenn said...

One of these days when the boys are all in school I will have to be a part of the book club--something to look forward to. Enjoy this weekend in the Big D! Give a shout out to Janis for me! A manicure sounds quite nice, you deserve it!

Shelly said...

Hey there! Is there still a daytime book club? I think that I would enjoy the daytime one. Can you send me some info about it and the book for March?